Keeping local modifications

Randall Wood rhwood at mac.com
Mon Oct 23 18:33:35 PDT 2006

I work in an unindexed ports tree to maintain my ports.

If a portfile is in the current working directory, the port command
can act on that port as if it were any other port by using the port
command without naming the port to be installed/uninstalled etc.

The only command that does not work in this fashion is "upgrade,"
however, the command
"port upgrade x" is functionally equivalent to "port deactivate x ;
port install x"