Keeping local modifications

Vincent Lefevre vincent-opdarw at vinc17.org
Mon Oct 23 18:04:45 PDT 2006

On 2006-10-23 14:48:11 -0700, Blair Zajac wrote:
> It's very rare that I have any local changes in my ports that I wouldn't
> want to see or would be inappropriate for all MacPorts users.

But sometimes, a new version may be more buggy than an old one
(possibly with local modifications). So, it may be useful to have
a location that has the precedence over the (version, revision).

However, what would be fine, is to have both. For instance, each URL
of the sources.conf file could be tagged by a rank (default: 0), and
the highest (-rank, version, revision) should have the precedence.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>