Permanently setting environment variables and other special stuff

Jann Röder jann_roeder at arcor.de
Fri Oct 27 15:57:58 PDT 2006

Hi,
I want to create a port for EiffelStudio (
http://eiffelsoftware.origo.ethz.ch ).

In order to run it 3 environment variables need to be set ( I guess I
should modify .bashrc for that), also PATH has to be modified, because
it doesn't install in the standard Unix hierachy. So there's also the
question where to install it, I guess /Applications/MacPorts/ would be
the place, however EiffelStudio is an X11 Application. Is there a port
that does things like that, which I could use as an example ?

Jann

--
Jann Roeder
<jann_roeder at arcor.de>