svn up occasional SSL negotiation failure

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Oct 29 16:03:31 PST 2006

Hi. I'm still trying to figure this thing out. I recently checked out
a working copy of macports/trunk and have pointed my MacPorts
installation at the dports directory instead of the normal rsync
location, so I would like to update this working copy every once in
awhile.

Just now I ran "svn up" from the terminal and got this:

$ svn up
svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repository/macports/trunk'
svn: PROPFIND of '/repository/macports/trunk': SSL negotiation
failed: SSL error: sslv3 alert bad record mac (https://
svn.macosforge.org)

Doing "svn up" again right afterwards worked just fine.

Admittedly I do sometimes have a crummy wireless network connection
here which is prone to losing packets occasionally. But I thought the
whole idea of TCP/IP was that it could withstand such things. Any
comments?