Xcode updates [was: (no subject)]

Gregory Wright gwright at antiope.com
Mon Oct 30 08:05:39 PST 2006

On Oct 30, 2006, at 10:26 AM, Daniel Ericsson wrote:

> On 30 okt 2006, at 15.54, Gregory Wright wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> A few of these users say they have applied all available software
>> updates.  Are new version of Xcode still being provided through
>> Apple's Software Update, or do I need to direct them to the developer
>> site to download the latest?
>
> Afaik. new versions of Xcode have always only been available
> through ADC.

I received several Xcode updates through Apple's Software Update in the
past, although the last was quite some time ago.  The Apple developer
docs also mention Xcode updates being distributed through Software
Update,
e.g.,

	The Xcode v1.1 update provides overall stability and performance
enhancements
	to Xcode IDE, as well as improvements to debugging, workflow, the
Xcode build
	system and CodeSense. Xcode Update v1.1 is being distributed via
Software Update,
	available to any system which already has Xcode installed.

Does anyone know if (or when) this policy changed?  Do full version
steps (i.e., 2.3 to 2.4)
require a full downloads, or does every Xcode update now require a
download from
ADC?

-Greg