(no subject)

Mark Duling mark.duling at biola.edu
Mon Oct 30 08:30:30 PST 2006

Gregory Wright <gwright at antiope.com> on Monday, October 30, 2006 at 7:54
AM -0800 wrote:
>A few of these users say they have applied all available software
>updates.  Are new version of Xcode still being provided through
>Apple's Software Update, or do I need to direct them to the developer
>site to download the latest?

As others have said, AFAIK newer version of Xcode are only available as
full manual  downloads.  I think it is a misperception that Xcode is
updated via software update.

>I recently updated the ghc portfile to the latest release.  A number
>of people have reported trouble building it, all apparently related
>to old versions of Xcode.

That's why I explcitly direct users to get the latest from Apple's
developer site and warn them of port install failures if they do not.

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/wiki/InstallingMacPorts

But I think I'll add even more explicit verbage today about software
update not updating Xcode -unless and until someone comes up with evidence
otherwise.  I want that page to be accurate so we can just point people to
it.

Mark