Darwinports Wiki

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Tue Sep 26 08:59:02 PDT 2006

On Sep 26, 2006, at 12:03 AM, Charlie Allom wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 24, 2006 at 09:43:18AM -0400, Randall Wood wrote:
>> Is the Darwinports wiki going to moved whole to macports or will it
>> have to be rebuilt bit by bit on the new server?
>
> jmpp started rebuilding it..
>
> please feel free to help.. the syntax is different.

	Hey guys! I've been mostly offline for the last week due to a busy
schedule, but I do have great interest in working on our website &
Wiki, as it is practically the very last service pending proper
migration to macosforge (and, ironically, the one we originally
received more offers to help on...). I jump-started a slow start by
copy & pasting the text on each page of our OpenDarwin Wiki over to
Trac, but after about the second document I realized how long this
would take to complete due to the syntax differences between MediaWiki
and Trac, so I haven't been able to advance much more. I thought I
could do a sort of dry import to our new wiki and then reorganize and,
maybe, redesign once all the docs were up in place, but this might
prove too inefficient. Therefore I welcome any help I can get, both in
ideas and, if my approach proves to be the "least worst one" (as we say
in my country ;-), in leg work.

	Thanks in advance!

-jmpp