repository update problems

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Tue Sep 26 12:55:43 PDT 2006

On Sep 26, 2006, at 3:20 PM, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
> I should note that this is with openssl 0.9.8c, so far I haven't
> been able to reproduce with the 10.4 supplied openssl 0.9.7i command.
>
> (and it looks like svn.macports.org says it's running openssl
> 0.9.8b, so perhaps it's a 0.9.8b <-> 0.9.8c issue?)

I think it might be related to the padding bug change in 0.9.8c

(see http://www.aet.tu-cottbus.de/rt2/Ticket/Display.html?id=1204 and
http://www.gatago.com/mailing/openssl/users/15655836.html)

http://www.openssl.org/news/changelog.html says:

"Disable the padding bug check when compression is in use. The padding
      bug check assumes the first packet is of even length, this is not
      necessarily true if compresssion is enabled and can result in
false
      positives causing handshake failure. The actual bug test is
ancient
      code so it is hoped that implementations will either have fixed
it by
      now or any which still have the bug do not support compression.
      [Steve Henson]"
--
Daniel J. Luke