Announcing MacPorts release 1.4.3

James Berry jberry at macports.org
Tue Apr 17 17:58:48 PDT 2007

The MacPorts team is very proud to announce our third release of
MacPorts within several days.

The pace of change has been fast and furious. This time we're just
furious:

Release 1.4.3 (17-Apr-2007):

     - Fix bug in launchd support, introduced in 1.4.2. Remove
remnants of
       launchd enable flag which caused reversion to systemstarter in
1.4.2.
       (jberry r24151).

     - add functions 'backup' and 'lipo' along with some description
       to be used for lipo-based universal variants, tested with
openssl.
       These functions should be considered test only for the time
being,
       and should not yet be adopted widely by port authors.
       (pipping r24148).

If you installed ports with 1.4.2 that have startup items, they were
installed with SystemStarter, rather than Launchd support. You'll
want to rebuild and reinstall those ports. We (singular) apologize
for this issue.

James