port list inactive output expected?

jeanpierre at gmail.com jeanpierre at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 23:53:00 PDT 2007

On 4/18/07, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> >> yes it is, although it might be confusing.
> >>
> >> to get a list of inactive ports, type
> >>
> >>    port echo inactive
> >
> > port echo that is somewhat odd dont you think
>
> Perhaps. It is, nevertheless, the way that port works.

words of a realist

i didn't think that 'port list inactive' was actually chaining two commands
together - i admittedly didn't read the man page and instead opted for
'help' which in the end, didn't do me didn't do me any favours. port echo
inactive it is then, thanks for straightening me out on this and next time
i'll dig into the man page first.

cheers,
jean-pierre