Tor and unusual version numbers

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Thu Apr 26 15:17:11 PDT 2007

Hi,

On 27/04/2007, at 06:26, Sbranzo wrote:

> I'm running macports 1.4.3, which seems to be confused by programs
> with
> "unusual" versions.
> For example tor, on my system was version 0.1.1.26, and port outdated
> never noticed version 0.1.2.13 was available.

The only thing that comes to my mind is that port outdated won't pick
up that there's a new version of a port available until PortIndex is
updated, and that happens every twelve hours on the MacPorts rsync
repository.  In between such index updates, port sync will update the
Portfiles to their latest state, but any port commands that run
through PortIndex files (like port outdated) will be out of date.
Darwin/MacPorts has behaved like this for a long time.  If this isn't
responsible for the behaviour you're seeing, I don't really have any
other ideas, and it'd be great if you could post some more
information about it.

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--