Tor and unusual version numbers

Sbranzo sbranzo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 15:28:54 PDT 2007

On 27/04/07 08:17, Boey Maun Suang wrote:
> The only thing that comes to my mind is that port outdated won't pick
> up that there's a new version of a port available until PortIndex is
> updated, and that happens every twelve hours on the MacPorts rsync
> repository.  In between such index updates, port sync will update the
> Portfiles to their latest state, but any port commands that run
> through PortIndex files (like port outdated) will be out of date.

I tought about it too, but in the last weeks IIRC I saw more that once
tor showing up when port -v sync'ing.
Today I just forced an upgrade, so I can't investigate more. Maybe
someone who installed tor a while ago can verify this behaviour, without
forcing the upgrade, in the next 12 hours or so.

Gufo