Cvs variant in portfile

Sbranzo sbranzo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 10:34:30 PDT 2007

Hi,
I'm trying to add a cvs variant to the slrn-devel portfile.
As now i can fetch the sources with this:

variant cvs {
        fetch.type      cvs
        cvs.root        :pserver:anonymous at slrn.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/slrn
        cvs.module      slrn
        cvs.password
        cvs.date        20070717
        version         ${version}-${cvs.date}
        worksrcdir      slrn
        pre-configure {
                autopoint -f;
                aclocal -I autoconf;
                autoheader;
                automake --foreign --add-missing;
                autoconf;
        }
        depends_build-append    port:autoconf port:automake
}

I can't pass the org.macports.configure phase because I should execute the
autogen.sh script instead  of ./configure.

Autogen.sh checks if automake autoconf and autopoint exist and than
executes:
-------------------------------
autopoint -f;
aclocal -I autoconf;
autoheader;
automake --foreign --add-missing;
autoconf;

./configure $@
-------------------------------

I'd like to run the first 5 commands before running configure, but the
pre-configure hook seems to be ignored.

What I get is always:

[...]
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for slrn-devel
--->  Extracting slrn-devel
--->  Configuring slrn-devel
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: no such file or directory
Warning: the following items did not execute (for slrn-devel): org.macports.activate org.macports.configure org.macports.build org.macports.destroot org.macports.archive org.macports.install

Which is the right way to address this problem?

Thanks,
Gufo