[27700] trunk/dports/devel/distract/Portfile

markd at macports.org markd at macports.org
Mon Aug 13 19:28:51 PDT 2007

Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> writes:
>At the very least, you should describe everything you do in your
>commit messages, but it would be better in the future to separate
>these into several logically-grouped commits. In particular,
>whitespace changes should be made on their own, with no functional
>changes made at the same time. Otherwise it becomes very difficult to
>tell by glancing at a diff what functional changes have been made in
>a given revision.
>
>Mark, I'm afraid I haven't read most of the new guide yet, but if
>there's nothing in there yet about this, it would be useful to add.

I'm afraid that I haven't given much thought to committer docs yet.  I
suppose it might fit okay in the MacPorts Project section, but I'm not
completely sure it belongs in the guide and not on the Wiki.  I'm not sure
I like that in the guide, but as I said I haven't really thought about it
much.  I can't recall whether there was any discussion on this in the past.

Mark