[27700] trunk/dports/devel/distract/Portfile

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Mon Aug 13 20:10:11 PDT 2007

On 14/08/2007, at 12:28, markd at macports.org wrote:

> I'm afraid that I haven't given much thought to committer docs yet.  I
> suppose it might fit okay in the MacPorts Project section, but I'm not
> completely sure it belongs in the guide and not on the Wiki.  I'm
> not sure
> I like that in the guide, but as I said I haven't really thought
> about it
> much.  I can't recall whether there was any discussion on this in
> the past.

In my opinion, the fundamental committer documentation should not be
on the wiki, as it should be just as stable and "official" as the
user documentation.  I don't mind, however, if we have it separated
from the user guide.

As for discussion of this, I'm pretty sure there has been, but I
haven't the time just now to look at it.  As I'm supposed to be
helping you lead the documentation project, Mark, I'd be happy for
you to leave leading committer documentation to me.  (I haven't made
many commits recently partly because of business, and partly because
you're working on it faster than I could and I've been quite happy
with what I've seen!)

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--