[27700] trunk/dports/devel/distract/Portfile

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Tue Aug 14 01:30:44 PDT 2007

On Aug 13, 2007, at 11:52 PM, markd at macports.org wrote:

> Boey Maun Suang <boeyms at macports.org> writes:
>>> I'm afraid that I haven't given much thought to committer docs
>>> yet.  I
>>> suppose it might fit okay in the MacPorts Project section, but
>>> I'm not
>>> completely sure it belongs in the guide and not on the Wiki.  I'm
>>> not sure
>>> I like that in the guide, but as I said I haven't really thought
>>> about it
>>> much.  I can't recall whether there was any discussion on this in
>>> the past.
>>
>> In my opinion, the fundamental committer documentation should not be
>> on the wiki, as it should be just as stable and "official" as the
>> user documentation.  I don't mind, however, if we have it separated
>> from the user guide.
>>
>> As for discussion of this, I'm pretty sure there has been, but I
>> haven't the time just now to look at it.
>
> Yeah that makes sense, I just hadn't thought about it yet.  Sounds
> fine in
> the guide unless you think it better external.

	IIRC, we had agreed that committer documentation (comprising
everything from portfile writing guidelines --taking advice from the
existing portfile(7) man page-- to miscellaneous stuff like best
subversion practices --some of which should be coded into pre/post-
commit hooks to make them mandatory, like svn properties--) would
make it into the new guide in some sort of "Advanced" section.

	Regards,...

-jmpp