[28060] trunk/dports/archivers/sharutils/Portfile

Landon Fuller landonf at macports.org
Mon Aug 20 09:55:21 PDT 2007

On Aug 20, 2007, at 8:17 AM, Rainer Müller wrote:

> Daniel J. Luke wrote:
>> It makes sense to include NLS support by default in most ports.
>
> I would like +nls variants, so people who want localized software
> could
> enable this in variants.conf.

I don't see any advantage to adding complexity here. I believe we
should write something like this up in the guide:
	The default installation of the software should be as feature
complete, out of the box, as is possible. Variants should only be
used for enabling incompatible options, or *expensive* features that
most individuals will not need.