[28120] trunk/dports/lang/python24/Portfile

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Tue Aug 21 10:01:32 PDT 2007

Boyd Waters wrote:

> On Aug 21, 2007, at 9:18 AM, Anders F Björklund wrote:
>
>> This change will break ports that depends on "python24" and then try
>> to use the "python" binary, either directly with
>> #!/opt/local/bin/python or with e.g. #!/usr/bin/env python.
>>
>> Maybe those ports using port:python24 should be patched to use
>> "python2.4" instead ?
>

> Ouch, I agree...
>
> Does "python-select" set a link to python24 or python25 ?
>
> If so, then things should work...  ${prefix}/bin/python should be a link
> to the currently-selected Python.
>
> And of course ${prefix}/Frameworks/Python/Current should be set to point
> to the correct version, as well.

I think we we should have separate Framework directories for each Python
version, otherwise if you have 2.4 and 2.5 installed on your system, then the
Current symlink will point to 2.5, presumably, and you won't be able to do a
framework build against 2.4.  I believe this is the case because the compile
just specifies something like

-F/opt/local/Library/Frameworks -framework Python

So I suggest we change 2.4 and 2.5 to install the framework portion into

$prefix/Library/Framework-Python2.4

and

$prefix/Library/Framework-Python2.5

Regards,