[28120] trunk/dports/lang/python24/Portfile

Boyd Waters bwaters at nrao.edu
Tue Aug 21 10:06:21 PDT 2007

On Aug 21, 2007, at 11:01 AM, Blair Zajac wrote:

> I think we we should have separate Framework directories for each
> Python version, otherwise if you have 2.4 and 2.5 installed on your
> system, then the Current symlink will point to 2.5, presumably, and
> you won't be able to do a framework build against 2.4.

I'm glad we're discussing this, but isn't the version issue exactly
what the Framework structure is supposed to address?

I will look into Framework/Versions and see if I can't suggest
something better, but in any event I vote against multiple, top-level
Python framework directories (such as Libarary/Frameworks/Python24).

Regards,

  - boyd