New website! ... not yet, really (Fwd: [28303] trunk/www)

Michael Wild themiwi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 00:00:35 PDT 2007

Chris Pickel wrote:
> On 27 Aug, 2007, at 21:12, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:
>>     I am most glad to announce that thanks to the work I've been
>> putting into the PortIndex2MySQL.tcl script lately, I was able to
>> recover our old web site back from the dead as a natural progression
>> to the former, as you may have seen from my recent commit r28303. The
>> result is posted at my web server,
>> http://apollo.homeunix.net/macports, reflecting the state of the
>> current trunk/www dir in svn at any moment.
>
> This inspired me to have a go at a set of new styles last night, which
> I've posted to http://stwing.org/~chpickel/macports/ -- pretty much a
> verbatim conversion of jmpp's page for now, with a few added links.
>
> (I'm still not sure about the languages. They're no good to be linked
> from the bottom of the page, but maybe they're too prominent in mine.
> Also, does anyone actually recognize the English flag?)
>
> But anyway, there's a thought about how the site should look. Not much
> of a departure from the Mac OS Forge look, but still more distinctively
> MacPorts.
>

> Chris

Lovely

A few things i didn't like that much:

- The background of the page title should probably also have rounded
corners.

- If I use Firefox, the navigation menu has a white stripe across it
(where the rounded-corner image and the box meet). Furthermore, the
colours do not seem to match in Firefox. These things are fine in Safari.

I love the language-fly-out. Really cool. And yes, the British flag is
definitely recognisable (British spelling ;-)).

Michael