xfig

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Aug 29 19:26:21 PDT 2007

On Aug 29, 2007, at 11:27, Sebastian Sandersius wrote:

> On 8/26/07, Sebastian Sandersius <sebastian.sandersius at asu.edu> wrote:

>> It seems that xfig crashes with macports now.  I don't know if its
>> the new beta version (3.2.5-alpha5) or if its something with
>> macports, because it worked fine with darwin.  Basically what
>> happens is that if you to click on the
>> 'File','Edit','View','Snap', or 'Help' tabs it pulls down a blank
>> list and then crashes with this message in the portal:
>>

>> color = '#ffcccc'
>>

>> xfig3.2.5: SIGBUS signal trapped
>> xfig: figure empty or not modified - exiting
>> Abort trap
>
> Here is the fix (from Brian Smith, xfig developer):
>

> X11 vendors are using the newer version of the 3D Xaw widget set,
> 1.5e, which
> is not compatible with the original 3D Xaw widget set.
> What you need to do is edit the xfig Imakefile and uncomment this
> line:
>
> XCOMM #define XAW3D1_5E
>
> by removing the "XCOMM".
> Then do "xmkmf" and "make clean" then "make install".

Thanks.

I searched the issue tracker and found two bugs for this issue, one
of which contains this fix:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/12335

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/12044

I'm Cc'ing the xfig maintainer on this email. I'm also testing now
whether this fix works.