Death of Hexley? ... was "Re(2): New website!"

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Thu Aug 30 10:33:21 PDT 2007

On Aug 29, 2007, at 11:53 AM, Yves de Champlain wrote:

> Le 07-08-29 à 11:37, markd at macports.org a écrit :
>
>> Anders F Björklund <afb at macports.org> writes:
>>> I like it a lot! It also gets away from Hexley, now that it's not
>>> doing
>>> Darwin...
>>
>> So is Hexley's use deprecated for OS X?  I still associated him with
>> Darwin, even though OpenDarwin is no more.  I still have him in
>> some other
>> documentation I have.
>
> Maybe, but if it is more Mac than Darwin, then I still think you
> can't do Mac stuff seriously without a nice shiny stylish
> attractive aqua icon ...
>
> http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/12337
>
> yves

	A project icon would indeed be great in my opinion, I'm on and off
going about the need for a revamped project look & feel possibly
together with a new project mascot, so this is something I'd
definitely support. But with respect to this mockup specifically, I
would think that overall we all want to move away from the Hexley
theme. Any other ideas?

	Kudos for the initiative though, keep it up because I do believe the
project would benefit from something like this! Regards,...

-jmpp