Death of Hexley? ... was "Re(2): New website!"

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Thu Aug 30 10:38:41 PDT 2007

Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:

>> Maybe, but if it is more Mac than Darwin, then I still think you
>> can't do Mac stuff seriously without a nice shiny stylish attractive
>> aqua icon ...
>>
>> http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/12337
>>
>> yves
>
> 	A project icon would indeed be great in my opinion, I'm on and off
> going about the need for a revamped project look & feel possibly
> together with a new project mascot, so this is something I'd
> definitely support. But with respect to this mockup specifically, I
> would think that overall we all want to move away from the Hexley
> theme. Any other ideas?

I don't think we need an application icon, before we have any
application to go with it. Unless the web site really needs to have
one, instead of the current Terminal.app icon ?

Which brings us to the current state of the frontend / portmanager,
that I don't know. But I'm sure that Pallet could use a new icon, as
opposed to reusing Installer.app's...

--anders