Meet our new website

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Sun Dec 2 09:35:52 PST 2007

On Dec 1, 2007, at 7:48 AM, Simon Ruderich wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 11:37:14PM -0400, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:
>>
>> 	Say hello: http://www.macports.org/
>>
>> 	Thanks a bunch to Bill for making this happen, much appreciated!
>>
>> 	As always, feedback is welcome. I'll announce our new web presence
>> to a
>> broader audience together with the release of 1.6.0, which I'm
>> putting
>> together as we spea.... sorry, as I write this message ;-)
>>
>> 	Regards,...
>>

>> -jmpp
>
> It looks great, thanks to all who helped create it.
>
> I found a minor issue. The links to "The Macports Guide" should be
> http://geeklair.net/macports_guide/ as the guide is the same on both
> the
> locations.

	Thanks for pointing this out, Simon, I just corrected it in r31668.

> And I think the Trac installation (as the blog) should also use the
> new design
> for the left navigation.

	You are completely right, they should. Nevertheless, the blog and
Trac are entities technically separate from our website and many extra
steps would have to be taken to further integrate them into our new
design. I'm not saying we wont do it, but rather explaining why we
haven't. The blog feature is in flux at the moment and its current
wordpress incarnation will be going away eventually, so there's no
point in investing any time in improving what we currently have there.
As for Trac, we're still working on polishing its the functionality
details (Trac mails, user permissions, etc); once that's done, I'll
push for the visual integration with the new site.

> Thanks again,
> Simon

	Thank you for the feedback! Regards,...

-jmpp