ChangeLog, 1.6.0 and trunk versions

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Dec 6 16:17:28 PST 2007

I'd like to add something into the ChangeLog about the new "port
load" and "port unload" commands, implemented in r31500 and fixed in
r31771.

The ChangeLog lists version 1.5.2's changes, and then above that, we
have a whole bunch of changes classified "unreleased". "port load"
and "port unload" are not in the 1.6.0 branch. Where do I add
information about this to the changelog? And how do we know which of
these unreleased changes in the ChangeLog will be released in 1.6.0
and which are still only in trunk?

Related: The version of MacPorts in trunk should be updated to 1.7.0
and a 1.7.0 version should be added to Trac so we can file accurate
bugs. For example, all the bugs about the missing "cd" command, which
are currently assigned to the 1.6.0 version, should be changed to
1.7.0, since 1.6.0 now will have the "cd" command again.