Final steps for 1.6

Vincent Lefevre vincent-opdarw at vinc17.org
Fri Dec 7 00:53:20 PST 2007

On 2007-12-07 00:17:04 -0400, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:
> 	My list of outstanding TODOs for the 1.6 release is almost empty after
> finishing what I committed  in r31774, directly to the release branch: a
> rethought and rewritten postflight script to add PATH and MANPATH
> settings as appropriate to the user's shell configuration file. Please
> read the commit log and test the script, reporting any findings you have.

When will this be modified exactly? There's should be a confirmation
from the user in any case.

FYI, modifying the .profile will not necessarily work with zsh (this is
quite complex, see its man page).

Also, it's a bad idea to modify $MANPATH as this may break things in
particular if the user usually has an empty $MANPATH (in which case
the man path is automatically built from $PATH -- this is much better
to get consistent paths).

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>