Final steps for 1.6

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Thu Dec 6 20:17:04 PST 2007

	My list of outstanding TODOs for the 1.6 release is almost empty
after finishing what I committed  in r31774, directly to the release
branch: a rethought and rewritten postflight script to add PATH and
MANPATH settings as appropriate to the user's shell configuration
file. Please read the commit log and test the script, reporting any
findings you have.

	The only things that remain are selectively resyncing the branch
with trunk and updating the proper License.html, ReadMe.rtf and
postflight files in the files dir of the MacPorts port dir, for pkg
installer creation. I plan to use svn:externals off of the release
tag (once I create it) for the latter, rather than needlessly keep on
duplicating those files across the repo. As for the former,
selectively resyncing the release branch and trunk, I think there's
nothing outstanding other than working out the differences between
the postfight script on release and its trunk guise: on release we're
still tweaking user shell configuration files and in trunk we're
discussing James' additions to the /etc/[man]paths.d/ directories, so
those two fronts will likely remain decoupled for the time being.
There's also James' "load" & "unload" new port(1) targets, which
James explicitly requested remain only in trunk until further tested
(which rules out the merger of Ryan's r31771, which if I understand
correctly is a regression fix against the new targets). Am I correct?
Anything I'm missing?

	Thanks for your help in getting 1.6 out ASAP (it's been delayed
enough already ;-). Regards,...

-jmpp