Ion3 license and possible removal

Pierre Queinnec pmq at macports.org
Thu Dec 13 11:34:30 PST 2007

[sorry for cross-posting]

Hi all,

Here are two mails T. Valkonen sent respectively to FreeBSD Ports [1]
and pkgsrc [2], warning them of a license violation on his software,
ion3 (x11/ion3).

I'll be committing a removal of the port in 5 days if nobody wants to
step up and take ownership from me. Then again, I'm not sure this serves
the "community" best interest to keep it in the ports. Apologies to the
ion3 users that will be forced to compile it themselves. I suggest you
keep the Portfile in a private repository should you know how to do
this, so you can still benefit from MacPorts build and upgrade cycles.
-- Pierre

[1]
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2007-December/045475.html
[2] http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2007/10/28/0000.html