[21973] trunk/dports/java/hibernate3/Portfile

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Tue Feb 13 05:48:30 PST 2007

On Feb 12, 2007, at 9:38 PM, Kevin Ballard wrote:

> Ok, I looked. I believe it has to do with a `set ${option} \$args`
> line that used to be part of an eval but is no longer. When it was
> double-evaluated if $args was empty it would evaluate to just `set
> ${option}` which does a read, but in the current system it evaluates
> to the equivalent of `set ${option} {}`, which does a write with an
> empty value. This fails to validate, and so it raises an error.
>
> I believe this to be a good thing. I certainly believe we shouldn't
> code in a kludge to get the old double-eval behaviour back ;)

	I also believe it's a good thing, increasingly stricter checks on our
Portfiles is something we all want, I'd think ;-) So all in all your
clean ups delivered good results, these two Portfiles had empty
depends_lib lines which were throwing "invalid depspec" errors. Key, no
val lines shouldn't be there in the first place, so I removed them.

> I assume that with your fixes everything is indexing properly now,
> yes? So this shouldn't be a problem?

	I removed them from the portfiles so I'd guess the problem is gone, I
indexed properly.... but then I realized I was doing it with 1.3.2,
will give it a try with 1.4 later on today.

> -Kevin Ballard

	Thanks for taking the time to give some love to our lonely base code,
woot!

-jmpp