Undocumented ports.conf options

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Mon Feb 19 12:31:16 PST 2007

	Hello guys! I'm going over some more documentation in my quest to
advance on the 1.4 release, and I have some question for you guys about
some undocumented options in the porsts.conf file. What exactly do the
following do?

-) porttrace: sets trace mode on by default, no need to pass -t?
-) portverbose: kinda self explanatory, but I wasn't able to figure out
what verbosity level is enabled, -v or -d?
-) xcodeversion & xcodebuildcmd: Xcode related block in
base/src/darwinports1.0/darwinports.tcl is rather involved, so I wasn't
able to gather much information on these....

	On the other hand:

-) destroot_umask: already have it documented locally, will commit
shortly;
-) libpath & autopath: should we document these? The former seems
rather dangerous to me and the latter.. well, I don't understand what
it does but since it plays with libpath...

	Thanks for the info! Regards,...

-jmpp