Undocumented ports.conf options

Kevin Ballard eridius at macports.org
Mon Feb 19 14:14:03 PST 2007

On Feb 19, 2007, at 3:31 PM, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:

> 	Hello guys! I'm going over some more documentation in my quest to
> advance on the 1.4 release, and I have some question for you guys
> about some undocumented options in the porsts.conf file. What
> exactly do the following do?
>
> -) porttrace: sets trace mode on by default, no need to pass -t?

That appears to be the case, though I'm not going to spend the time
making 100% sure

> -) portverbose: kinda self explanatory, but I wasn't able to figure
> out what verbosity level is enabled, -v or -d?

-v

> -) xcodeversion & xcodebuildcmd: Xcode related block in base/src/
> darwinports1.0/darwinports.tcl is rather involved, so I wasn't able
> to gather much information on these....

That block detects the current version of xcode and sets those
variables. xcodeversion has several possible settings, but the
important bit is that Xcode of version 2.1 or later will have "2.1"
be the value of that variable (according to the comments, no need was
seen to know if it's later than 2.1).

xcodebuildcmd gets set to the proper command to use in order to build
an Xcode project from the command-line - basically this is intended
for systems with pbxbuild instead of xcodebuild.

--
Kevin Ballard
http://kevin.sb.org
eridius at macports.org