A 1.4 release

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Tue Feb 20 13:25:28 PST 2007

On Feb 20, 2007, at 3:35 PM, Mark Duling wrote:

> I just think the whole portfile.7 TCL EXTENSIONS "file" section in
> general
> is not too helpful for MacPorts developers, but I don't think I have
> time
> to fundamentally change it right now.  And I'm not sure if this can be
> addressed to my satisfaction in a manfile sort of way, or whether it is
> just best handled in documentation anyway.  I could add the new
> commands
> in the same way the new "delete" command was added, and that is all I
> have
> time to do right now, but it seems like we're just announcing new
> commands
> rather than explaining them.  If that is good enough then I could do it
> within a week, but frankly I've lost track of the Kevin's description
> of
> the changes and I don't see it in the ChangeLog yet.
>
> Also, I've taken this as a pending item and I can have it done at the
> same
> time as well.
> http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/11010
>
> Mark

	All in all, I think something is better than nothing. So if a
comprehensible guide & complex examples are going to hold us back, I
guess at least an introductory description of the new portfile writing
commands is good enough to ship with 1.4's documentation updates. Have
a look at my recent commit to the ChangeLog, it should help you spot
what you need to advance on portfile.7. Open a new ticket to track
these new additions by uploading patches, or let me know if you don't
think you'll be able to work on the page in a timely manner, so that I
coordinate it otherwise.

	Thanks!

-jmpp