Kernel extensions in MacPorts

Kevin Ballard eridius at macports.org
Mon Jan 15 13:36:46 PST 2007

I am of the opinion that not cleanly removing a kernel extension is
far worse than not shutting down apache before installing it.
Especially since it's a reasonable assumption that the user knows how
to shut down apache before uninstalling, but it's not so reasonable
an assumption that the user knows how to unload a kernel extension
before uninstalling.

--
Kevin Ballard
http://kevin.sb.org