[21414] trunk/dports/graphics/gd/Portfile

Mark Duling mark.duling at biola.edu
Tue Jan 23 22:39:41 PST 2007

Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 at
10:15 PM -0800 wrote:
>> Port gd2 is at 2.0.33.  If gd 1.x is no longer needed couldn't we just
>> delete it and use the gd2 port?
>
>Aaaa! Yes, why was r21414 committed? I would have thought the point
>of having a gd and a gd2 port was to keep the 1.x and 2.x series
>separate.
>
>There may be some cases where programs that worked with gd1 won't
>work with gd2, according to the gd faq:
>
>http://libgd.org/FAQ#Why_doesn.
>27t_my_gd_1.x_program_work_well_with_gd_2.x.3F
>
>How do we discover which ports, if any, depend on gd? "port echo
>depends_lib:gd" does not seem to work (produces an error).

I have found grepping portindex and such to give confusing results, maybe
I just don't know the right method though.  I just did a 'port deps all'
and searched the output.  I see no dependencies on gd 1.x at all and it
seems unlikely there will be new ports depending on it.  I think it is
nukeworthy.  Nuke! Nuke! Nuke! Nuke!

Mark