MacFUSE portfile

Kevin Ballard eridius at macports.org
Tue Jan 30 22:02:24 PST 2007

r21623 is a seemingly innocuous commit, but it provides MacFUSE
support. Hooray!

Go read the commit message on that thing if you want the details.
It's a real monster of a message, and provides all the juicy details
you want.

If you want to add more filesystems, take a gander at the sshfs port.
It should provide the template you need. If you have any questions,
just ask me.

Probably tomorrow I will take a look at adding some of the more
popular ones, starting with ntfs-3g. That said, I'm actually pretty
unsure as to what filesystems are popular outside of sshfs and
ntfs-3g, so if you have any suggestions, send an email my way.

Word of warning: if you have fusefs installed, and you've mounted a
FUSE filesystem at least once during this power-on session,
uninstalling will leave the kext loaded into kernelspace. This is
not, strictly speaking, *dangerous*, but it might cause some
confusion if you proceed to then install a different version
(confusion being the old one is still loaded, so the new one won't
be). The simple solution is to reboot, the complicated solution is to
make sure no FUSE filesystems are mounted and run `sudo kextunload -b
com.google.filesystems.fusefs`.

When MacFUSE puts out another release and I update the portfile. I'll
probably stick a message in there somewhere instructing people to
reboot if they're upgrading their fusefs installation. Ideally this
would actually go into a post-deactivate phase, but since such a
phase doesn't actually exist at the moment, the best place is
probably a post-activate. Theoretically it could even query to see if
the kext is loaded in pre-activate, and spit out the message in post-
activate telling the user that they have to reboot. If you have any
thoughts on this matter, well, you know what to do ;)

--
Kevin Ballard
http://kevin.sb.org
eridius at macports.org