Release 1.5 branch created

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Wed Jul 4 16:07:38 PDT 2007

Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:

> 	Thanks for the pointers Blair! It took me a little while to realize I
> actually needed to commit the init action before starting my merge
> activity, but after that it was all smooth from there! My commit logs
> should illustrate what I merged and what I left out of the branch....
> so anyone interested in having or pulling something, please do inspect
> the commit logs and feel free to scream at me ;-) (I realize I left
> out the FreeBSD support commits, but I'm figuring Anders will want
> that in? are they stable enough to be merged at this point in the
> game?).

Depends on if you want FreeBSD to still work or not ?
Just seems strange to leave it in the "undead" state,
either it's revived again or it's properly buried :-)

If it's just crazy old me, I can patch in here locally.
I'm not a die-hard FreeBSD fan, I just find the whole
Mac lock-in part a bit scary and want to stay portable...

With OpenDarwin gone, it looked like the easiest target.
If you do want the FreeBSD platform, I have some patches
to the dozen or so ports needed to install the RPM port.

--anders

PS. You do want to bring this one over, though: (it's a bug)
http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/12168
Without it, *everything* will link to Foundation framework.