Release 1.5 branch created

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Wed Jul 4 15:24:35 PDT 2007

On Jun 30, 2007, at 8:32 PM, Blair Zajac wrote:

> The page isn't very long and it's really the only page that exists
> for it.  There's one step on the branch
>
> $ svnmerge.py init
> $ svn commit -F svnmerge-commit-message.txt
>
> And then if there's a commit on trunk
>
> $ svnmerge.py merge
> $ svn commit -F svnmerge-commit-message.txt
>
> Much easier then keeping track of revision numbers :)
>
> I would just suggest setting it up before doing any merges.
>
> Regards,
> Blair

	Thanks for the pointers Blair! It took me a little while to realize
I actually needed to commit the init action before starting my merge
activity, but after that it was all smooth from there! My commit logs
should illustrate what I merged and what I left out of the branch....
so anyone interested in having or pulling something, please do
inspect the commit logs and feel free to scream at me ;-) (I realize
I left out the FreeBSD support commits, but I'm figuring Anders will
want that in? are they stable enough to be merged at this point in
the game?).

	One thing that I did find as a shortcoming of svnmerge.py is that
you need to ci whenever you execute a given action. That is, you
can't do something like:

-) svnmerge.py merge -r<some_revs>
-) (look around)
-) svnmerge.py block -r<some_other_revs>
-) (look around some more)
-) svnmerge.py merge -r<final_revs>
-) svn ci -F message

	Instead, you have to ci after each of those merges/blocks, a bit of
a shortcoming in my opinion (could simply be that what I attempted is
not viable to begin with, given how svn properties work). But other
than that, sweet tool! Thanks again for the recommendation.

	Regards,...

-jmpp