[macports-mgr] Re: MacPorts Guide infrastructure requirements

markd at macports.org markd at macports.org
Tue Jul 17 09:08:16 PDT 2007

Juan Manuel Palacios <jmpp at macports.org> on Monday, July 16, 2007 at 5:24
PM -0800 wrote:
>	Already replied to most of these comments as a PS in my reply to your
>last mail to me (rsync replicating servers setup), but I'll do here
>briefly too to emphasize:
>
>-) totally love the TOC sidebar, definitely a keeper!
>-) I believe the source should be split in multiple xml files, easier
>to manage like that in my opinion;
>-) article, book... don't know much about dockbook myself, I have to
>admit, but definitely do enjoy having each chapter in a single html
>page; is that doable in article mode (while retaining the sidebar in
>each chapter)?

The sidebar TOC should look identical even if the xml is split into pieces
and/or converted to doctype "book"; I've just not done books before,
though it should be easy enough.  Not sure yet whether article of book is
best but I'll look into it.  As I mentioned, I'm still tweaking with the
document structure, but I'm getting closer to being satisfied on it.  When
I am I'll ask for others to comment on that for some "peer review", if
they don't comment before.  Then I agree it should be split along sections
(article) or chapters (book).

>-) don't merge new into old, lets populate new and move it in place
>once it's ready or close to ready, moving the source docs around as
>needed and (finally, removing the old!);
>-) lets set up automated regen in coordination with both Daniel, now,
>and Kevin on MacOSForge servers later on once he has the server side
>support finished.

Yeah sounds good.

Mark