[27155] trunk/dports/python/py-psyco/Portfile

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sun Jul 22 13:10:43 PDT 2007

Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> You may also wish to check for compatible architecture in a different
> way. Your way currently handles only on Intel Mac OS X, but according to
> the project's web site, it works on any OS so long as it's the _86
> architecture. Consider doing it the way I've done it in the wine port:
>
> http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/browser/trunk/dports/x11/wine/Portfile
I see no reason why checking for darwin i386 could be wrong. Do we
really need to take care of other Operating Systems than Mac OS X? I
mean, it's called MacPorts now and is targeted on users of Mac OS X. Who
is using it on another system?

And also see the wine port again, LDFLAGS like "-framework" won't work
on other platforms... As platform is set to "darwin", I think this is
okay, but contrary to your statement above.

Rainer