GSoC2007 work

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Fri Jun 1 11:43:45 PDT 2007

	Afternoon all, again! Sfiera already started work on his GSoC2007
project, so big woot for that! However, he committed to trunk since
no decision was ever made on how GSoC work was to be coordinated. I
can't stress enough how much I would prefer to see this go into a
branch for itself, rather than trunk, since we'll probably have three
students committing potentially unstable code to the same place at
the same time. We're working with an scm system and rolling back to a
working revision is always possible should anything bad happen, I
know, but with so many things added it can also be a real pain
(considering that some others might also commit new code/bug fixes
while GSoC takes place)!

	Again, many reasons to move GSoC work to branches and very little to
have it happen right on trunk, in my opinion. I'll make the move if
no one presents a case against it, so please speak up if you feel you
have valid arguments against moving to branches. Thanks!

	Regards,...

-jmpp