Status of Jaguar support?

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Thu Jun 21 06:31:25 PDT 2007

On Jun 21, 2007, at 5:35 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> Is MacPorts officially no longer supporting Jaguar?

Our policy (from quite a while ago) is to support the current Mac OS
X major release, and the one previous to it (so currently 10.4 and
10.3).

> If we are officially no longer supporting Jaguar, then MacPorts
> should decline to install on that OS, port should decline to run on
> that OS, and we should remove all darwin 6 platform selectors from
> all ports.

I think it's better to make the policy clear to the end-user and let
them try to make things work if they want to (and I don't think the
project would be opposed to including patches to fix things on older
'non-supported' releases, just like how we're happy to include fixes
for other operating systems that aren't them main focus of macports).

--
Daniel J. Luke