Status of Jaguar support?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jun 21 02:35:06 PDT 2007

Is MacPorts officially no longer supporting Jaguar? What happens if
you try to install MacPorts on Jaguar? What happens if you manage to
install MacPorts on Jaguar -- can you run it?

I see changes were committed to the documentation indicating only
10.3 and later are supported.

I see several ports including darwin 6 platform selectors that just
output a message that the port doesn't work on that platform.

If we are officially no longer supporting Jaguar, then MacPorts
should decline to install on that OS, port should decline to run on
that OS, and we should remove all darwin 6 platform selectors from
all ports.