Release 1.5 branch created

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Fri Jun 29 23:28:34 PDT 2007

	Evening everyone!

	I finally created the release_1_5 branch wherefrom we'll start
cutting the 1.5.x releases, really soon now I hope! For those willing
to help around in sanitizing, please reinstall off this branch and
test as thoroughly as posible, reporting any findings you may come by.
I'll rework the roadmap to move open tickets in the 1.4 milestone to
1.5, as well as those that were fixed in it but not released to users
(committed to trunk, which as of r26608 is the same as release1_5) but
not to the release_1_4 branch. Any new ticket on the base component
should be submitted to the 1.5 milestone, consider 1.4 closed!

	As said previously, I'm mainly interested in reports on upgrading
existing 1.4.x installations to 1.5 through any mean (selfupdate,
make, binary -- I know there's no dmg up yet, but you can always build
your own ;-). Even though I haven't received a single one to date (and
supposedly "no news is good news), I'd still love to hear whatever
you, the tester, have to say about it.

	Thanks to all for the help and attention, thanks to those who've put
so much into improving the MacPorts core! Regards,...

-jmpp