Release 1.5 branch created

Bryan Blackburn 0x62_0x6c_0x62 at pobox.com
Sat Jun 30 01:26:15 PDT 2007

On Jun 30, 2007, at 12:28 AM, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:

> 	Evening everyone!
>
> 	I finally created the release_1_5 branch wherefrom we'll start
> cutting the 1.5.x releases, really soon now I hope! For those
> willing to help around in sanitizing, please reinstall off this
> branch and test as thoroughly as posible, reporting any findings
> you may come by. I'll rework the roadmap to move open tickets in
> the 1.4 milestone to 1.5, as well as those that were fixed in it
> but not released to users (committed to trunk, which as of r26608
> is the same as release1_5) but not to the release_1_4 branch. Any
> new ticket on the base component should be submitted to the 1.5
> milestone, consider 1.4 closed!
>
> 	As said previously, I'm mainly interested in reports on upgrading
> existing 1.4.x installations to 1.5 through any mean (selfupdate,
> make, binary -- I know there's no dmg up yet, but you can always
> build your own ;-). Even though I haven't received a single one to
> date (and supposedly "no news is good news), I'd still love to hear
> whatever you, the tester, have to say about it.

I did a build from trunk a few hours ago (configure/make/make
install), and the migration appears to have gone fine, from an older
trunk version dated several months ago (yeah, really old).  Programs
still work, 'port [installed|contents|provides]' appears to list
everything properly, stuff moved to /opt/local/var/macports and /opt/
local/etc/macports without incident.

Only issue I've seen is the .mpsaved files in receipts are left
behind, is this deliberate?

Bryan