libgmalloc bug

Salvatore Domenick Desiano sal at ri.cmu.edu
Mon Mar 5 12:24:41 PST 2007

I'm not sure if this is a libgmalloc bug, a gcc bug, or a iostream bug,
but I just spent 20 hours boiling a crash in opencv down to ten lines of
code. Can somebody else on a MacBook Pro run the following and see if
they get a seg fault? Input from a PPC based processor also welcome.

If this is a problem, I'm not even sure how to go back and fix the
OpenCV port, but if it's not, but at least I'll know I'm working on a
real problem.

So frustrating!

Thanks!

-- Sal
smile.

cat > bug.cpp
#include <iostream>

void test  ()
{
   for(unsigned i = 1; i < 3; ++i )
   {
     std::cout << "HELLO";
   }
}

int main (int argn, char * argv)
{
   test();
   return 0;
}
^D
g++  -Wall -fomit-frame-pointer -O1 -o bug bug.cpp
setenv DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES /usr/lib/libgmalloc.dylib
./bug