[22707] trunk/dports/sysutils

Randall Wood rhwood at mac.com
Mon Mar 12 04:11:22 PDT 2007

ALCON:

This morning I placed some code in the MacPorts subversion repository
for a GUI for MacPorts.

The GUI is currently named Pallet. I'll write an explanation of the
name later.

The code is at https://svn.macosforge.org/repository/macports/users/
rhwood/Pallet

Please feel free to check it out, run it, fix it, and commit the
fixes or submit tickets (assigned to rhwood at macports.org) against it.

There is a portfile for Pallet, and it checks out, builds, and
installs, but fails to run.

*	Can only run port sync or port selfupdate as of now.
*	Does not know the status of ports.
*	Displays incomplete and truncated port information.
*	Really really immature.
*	Needs new application icon.
*	Log output needs formatting for legibility.
*	Gets confused when a port has a zero-length or missing
long_description (I think I fixed all 3 ports that caused this
problem--since the long_description is a required field per man
portfile)

Randall Wood
rhwood at mac.com

"The rules are simple: The ball is round. The game lasts 90 minutes.
All the
rest is just philosophy."