MacPorts 1.4 rc2

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Mar 14 14:11:28 PDT 2007

On Mar 14, 2007, at 09:47, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:

> 	Hello everyone! I just tagged 1.4.0-rc2 and posted corresponding
> test tarballs and checksums to our downloads directory. Those of
> you keeping track of svn commits should know about the changes that
> took place since rc1, those of you that don't please be patient,
> I'll update the ChangeLog as I get a chance through out the day. In
> any case, there have been changes to the release_1_4 branch so
> getting some testing on rc2 would be good! Just the same, if
> anything comes up please file a ticket in trac and assign it to the
> "MacPorts 1.4" milestone, base component (forwarding the ticket
> number to this list, thanks!).

I didn't try 1.4rc1... How do I try 1.4rc2? If I have a working copy
of the release_1_4 branch, do I just configure, make, sudo make
install? Does it just overwrite my existing 1.3.2 installation?
Anything else I need to do to make it work? Anything to watch out
for? The only way I've ever upgraded MacPorts in the past was to use
sudo port selfupdate so I just want to make sure I don't hose
something here.