cairo-devel is ancient/broken

Elias Pipping pipping at macports.org
Wed Mar 21 07:11:47 PDT 2007

On Mar 21, 2007, at 9:12 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Mar 20, 2007, at 23:25, Mark Duling wrote:
>
>> cairo-devel is ancient, broken, and looks unnceccesary now.  The
>> tarball
>> is fetched from ~/pkern.  Can it be deleted?
>
> I'd say nuke it, along with pango-devel and glib2-devel. Should I
> do it? Sigh... I forget again: is there an easy way to tell if any
> ports depend on those?

yes, there is:

$grep :cairo-devel */*/Portfile
graphics/pango-devel/Portfile:depends_lib       port:glib2-devel
port:cairo-devel
$grep :glib2-devel */*/Portfile
graphics/pango-devel/Portfile:depends_lib       port:glib2-devel
port:cairo-devel
$grep :pango-devel */*/Portfile

so as long as all three of them are nuked (which sounds like a good
idea) there's no problem

Regards,

Elias