[23139] trunk/dports/gnome/evince/Portfile

Kevin Van Vechten kvv at apple.com
Mon Mar 26 12:18:22 PDT 2007

On Mar 26, 2007, at 11:59 AM, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> That would be one way to do it.  Another way would be to simply
> sweep through the ports and correct them all at once.  That would
> certainly be a lot faster than waiting for n maintainers to wake
> up, though I suppose it also wouldn't "teach them anything" either.

An observant maintainer would notice the change and learn from it
(isn't revision control great?).

I think sweeps across all ports to implement global policy best
serves the interest of the users of MacPorts.  I think it's best to
view maintainers as the primary contributors to a port, and not
owners with veto power.  I'm speaking as the maintainer of a few
ports myself, who doesn't have enough time to keep abreast of all the
latest and greatest MacPorts directions.

- kvv