startupitems arcanery

Eric Cronin ecronin at gizmolabs.org
Thu Mar 29 10:05:52 PDT 2007

They are shell commands, executed by /bin/[ (see man test).  First
one checks that ${prefix}/sbin/dhcpd exists and is +x, the second
that the PID file exists and is readable...  The escapes are needed
to protect [ and $ from tcl (${prefix} is a tcl variable evaluated
when the Portfile runs, ${PID} is a sh variable evaluated each time
the startupitem runs.

Thanks,
Eric